Tuesday, June 10, 2014

FUCK the 2003 SUBARU WRX

Hi,

I bought a 2003 subaru WRX ..

8 months ago.

03 wrx in shitbox blue. fuck this POS


IT HAS BEEN THE WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED.


Here is my note to subaru -  GO FUCK YOURSELF.

;)


 While it may have some curb appeal,it has been the worst car i have ever owned.



So let me start with some of the extensive repairs i poured into this shitboxm and then the reasons i hate it.

-Repairs -
-=Exhaust=- sure fine, i live in NE - so the weather here is rough on all exhausts.
It cost me $1400 to fix the turbo-integrated up-pipe (w/ converter).

-=CLUTCH=- $2000 - needed a clutch after a few months of bumper to bumper traffic. I replaced it with an after market clutch (act 6 puck) and it was awful and clunky and shook like a bastard after almost 1000 miles.

A/C pulleys, COOLANT related piping, and constant leaks.
It cost ~$350 give or so . . .  to fix the random and stupid issues that plague this nightmare of a car.
*
*
*
==============================================
in 8 months of ownership, i spent around an extra 5 grand maintaining this nightmare of a vehicle.

It had 123K on the vehicle when i bought it, I drive less than 20 miles a day, mostly bumper to bumper traffic, car never even hitting highway speed .
==============================================

I put a total of 10K miles on the car in the 8 months I had it.
Coolant constantly leaked out of its faulty made clamps, and needed to be tightened frequently, or you get to fill up the tank, and smell burning coolant on your ride into work every day ;)

==============================================

Now, for my review of what made me hate/loathe this vehicle.....


-faulty 5 speed transmission . worst 5 speed ive ever driven, first gear was 'locked out' by design so you couldnt shift into the gear at ANY speed.
let me be clear about this .. DEAD STOP, or its grinding, and will not go into first. So you might think it was me ? It fucking wasnt, and it was like that since the day i bought the vehicle. I test drove 2 other cars, and they were both the same ..
so, you get to shift into 2nd, and then shift into first EVERY time you want to shift up to first.  While the STI may not have shared this weak tranny, i wouldnt trust ANY subaru.  The power loss/turbo lag made this car slow, and annoying to drive .. esp. in traffic.


-Constant repairs, coolant leaks, poor craftsmanship/design.
-expensive parts .. my corvette had cheaper parts in some cases ,, and this was not even close to that level of performance/reliability ;)

-Handled like a broken golf cart .. nothing special about its AWD system even slightly. Wasnt fun to drive once i owned the wrx, and wasnt all that more powerful than the crappiest honda/toyota. *it wasnt a prius,, dont get me wrong, but was an awful daily driver.

==================================================

I YOU ARE CONSIDERING BUYING A SUBARU, GO FLUSH YOUR MONEY DOWN THE TOILET - THERES A CHANCE IT WILL CLOG, AND COME BACK UP TO YOU

==================================================



If if could compare it to my previous car - my baby .. the prelude ..
here are my specs from my previous car -
187,000 miles when i bought it off a junkie in CT.
Needed a clutch/flywheel, rims, tires, brakes, and everything leaked.
I purchased the car for $2600, and put $1000 give or take with the clutch / used rims/tires, and sealed the engine up best as possible.

I got a year of reliability out of the car before it TOTALLY DIED on me one night from work. the motor finally siezed after many a retard raced the motor before i got it.

-same commute BTW- lastest longer w/o issues, and almost 2 times the milage, in horrid condition.

it was reliable, had all the options (moonroof, leather, 5spd) -

This has been my 7th honda .. (4 preludes, 3 accords).
Honda in my opinion is the best car on earth ..
Ive had the following cars in my life so far -  (in order)

-88 dodge carvan v4 or 6, cant remember
-87 pontiac firebird v6 auto
-88 saab 900 4cyl 5 spd
-84 saab 900 4cyl 5spd
-87 ford ltd auto
-83 pontiac trans am 4 spd
-78 chevy camaro z28 auto
-89 honda accord ex auto
-93 honda accord ex 5spd
-95 honda accord lx 5spd
-87 honda prelude 5spd (1st lude)
-93 honda prelude vtec 5spd (miss that car)
-92 corvette auto
-99 honda prelude SH 5spd
-96 honda prelude vtec 5spd
-03 subaru WRX 5spd (shitbox)
-new car



I have had an extensive list of cars, types, makes , models, and have driven all the normal cars, and fixed quite a few on my friends cars over the years.

with the exception of the chevy cavaliers, and some hyundias ,nissans, I feel like there are not reliable cars made anymore.



So, my rant is coming to an end. just heed my warning .. dont buy a subaru wrx. go get something (anything) else.



No comments:

Post a Comment