Sunday, October 21, 2012

"NEW" ALienwarE for ME :)

Hi.

Check this thing out~
ALienwarE  m11xr2
Its a little bigger than a netbook, and more powerful than 95% of the desktops/laptops ive seen
quad i5/1.7ghz  8gb ram / sandisk SSD extreme
Im in love with this PC. Show me even one apple that is even half as cool as this one (you cant) :)

I bought an ALienwarE off a local gentlemen . It was his baby ~ so I know if was well taken care of.
I LOVE this thing. Its fast and so much fun to use and it looks cool. :)     


So I already ripped it apart (part of my illness)~ and upgrade/maxxed out the RAM on this beast.

If you look on the upper left, those are the ram chips, and the right (with the arrow) is the sata drive
 Its got 8gb / RAM now, DDR3, and I put a SSD into it (see below)

So here it is in mid-process of me installing the SSD, and imaging it to the SSD from the internal SATA drive.
 I had to buy the APRICORN SSD conversion kit.  It came with software, and worked great ~ and
can be re-used :P    Im sure Ill end up using this thing again .. it was a little costly ($30) but worth every penny. The whole conversion took about an hour. not too bad considering how much data was there.


Close up of the SANDISK SSD EXTREME ~ I love these drives :)

Here is the external DVD rom i used to run the clone util.

Thats about it for the moment.
I will post more on this one as I use it. I mostly use my netbook for work to have something that isnt locked down horribly by the company I work for.

They were not very pleased when I brought in my own 2 port KVM, and netbook - but I cant even install
software onto my laptop at work. I cant deal with that. Its too restrictive. I just bring my own hardware.

-B


No comments:

Post a Comment