Monday, September 17, 2012

New toys, updates .... ESXi SSD server, laptop memory..

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Check out the new toys !!!!!!!!!!

SANDISK - EXTREME - SSD 120gb  SSD drive for my ESXi server!
I cannot say how awesome these things are. I have 2 of them now, and want to get them for EVERY computer I have to touch. Soon all my computers will have these drives!
Also, the 2gb memory stick for my laptop, and a new cd/dvd of hyprcrisy ... LIVE .. rocks!


 IBM t60 memory module installation in progress .... thats up to 4gb now !


Heres a peek inside the ESXi (5.0) server .  I am migrating ALL my VMs to the new datastore.
I am going to keep the old sata as a ISO datastore, or incase I run out of space on the new SSD.

Its sooooooo much faster to run the VMs now off the SSD. 

what a difference it makes.... its almost close to enterprise level hardware speed.
Very badass for a home ESXi server build ... and mine is no beast ... only 4gb ram/ core 2 duo 2.6ghz

but still flies w/  a  SSD.

My ibm t60 is FASTER than a brand new i7 w/ a regular sata drive. it really makes that much of a difference.


-Brian

-out-


No comments:

Post a Comment