Sunday, September 4, 2011

Intake removal / reinstall on my 99 prelude sh

Well, first i would like to say..

WHAT THE FUCK.

Im exhausted after doing this and it was a total bitch to removal my Skunk2 racing intake and put in
the OEM intake, and I dont even think I have the routing correct yet. but its a work in progress.
I have 3 months before inspection and im never doing this job again, and im goin to sell the intake (S2)
I am also thinking about getting rid of my lude and getting another type of car. well see.

here are some pics from the tear down. it took all day, and i had help. for the most part I did the job myself -
except when it came to the bolts underneath the intake. no fucking way i was about to get to them. my mechanic did those.  I took off everything else but those.  check out some of the pics from the rebuild..

Heres right after i got the TB out of the car..here is the OEM intake before i reinstalled it.

In progress, i have the fuel rail off, and IAB off, and am starting to dismantle the upper part of the intake.

same thing, different angle..

these runners make it impossible to even get your hands in there to remove the bottom nuts on the intake.

same...

almost the end.. try to figure out the routing still, and i have a MIL light for the fucking EGR, but im happy so far.
car is pulling harder than it was with the Skunk2 intake. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

owwww..
-B

No comments:

Post a Comment