Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wifi VOIP MAGICJACK @ HOME

Another post for Ken ..

Check this out ..

Like myself, there are too many dead zones/overages charges for cells
I hate cell companies (having worked for them) and dont like supporting their industry.

I LOVE ...  LovE trying to find ways around using them, and their service, and helping others do the same.

So ... Ken (and anyone else that gets crappy cell service @ home) :

Here ya go :

Ken gave me an old P4 tablet .. (xp, also was my ubuntu tablet. with just the switch of a drive, I could be back as ubuntu - but I digress):

I bought a NEW magicjack off ebay for like $40 / free year + the magicjack dongle.
so here it is .. I have it wired to a wirelessly connected AP.


 Another shot of the setup, while in progess.
Im going to have to make it look pretty, but I have so many wires everywhere, whats a couple more ?
Fuck it.  There are too many people that like things all pretty, and nice.
IT should never be like that, its fluid.
But here is the final and living end of this machine.  I get voicemail on this, and caller ID.
Not a bad deal considering, and I loathe the cell phone companies, and want everyone drop them and start making their own solutions.
Here is mine : wifi connected magicjack, and now my employers / potention employers can call this phone instead of calling my cell phone every 3 mins. Im thinking about changing my cell, just so no more internet dicks have my number.


Hope someone out there thinks this is cool, and a good solution to cell overages..
Now that I have this, I am going to start working on the EVO4G wifi connected google connected out of contract phone.

EDIT:sometimes the phone doesnt ring.. have to mess with it to fix it, but its intermittent, but I still get the voice mail either way. at least ill get all the voice mails, and then can return the calls later.

-Brian
-out-

No comments:

Post a Comment