Monday, May 30, 2011

Xbox 360 wireless N adapter hate

I loathe m$ xbox360 wireless n adapter.
Its a faulty POS at best.
you can see it in the background of this picture.
Sorry its so messy.  its next to my guitar amp and the duster thing.
but none the less.. here is what I did.

I had an old unused linksys wireless router laying around.
I connected in to the existing wireless AP, and hardwired it into the xbox.
I also set the ip address for the xbox because DHCP was dropping packets/dhcp token every hour on the hour
I almost went and got another wireless adapter but, i wanted to try this first.
it was a great success.

DD-WRT for the WIN!
So, now no more breaks in the connection, and its super fast.
I can also plug in a laptop to the router and it will function as a gateway point for internet traffic.

Hit my blog up if you are interested in more info.

-B

No comments:

Post a Comment