Wednesday, June 28, 2017

G400 bigsby b5 and vibramate vibrato

Yo

I really wanted a bigsby on my epi sg.
I started out by installing myself, and the anchors in the body of the guitar started to pull away, from the stress of the vibramate and the bigsby. I.didnt take a pic of How bad it was floating.. Sorry
It was quarter inch off the body .. Floating. I went in various forums to see if.anyone else experienced this, and saw from vibramate themselves in the troubleshooting that the anchors would need to.be removed and reglued.
Instead I removed it and went back to.stock tailpiece and restrung to.see if it was just the vibramate causing the raised bridge. It wasnt. I eventually gave up and found a local luthier to mount the bigsby into the guitar and remove the anchors.
He also upgraded the outjack and the.bridge string rest to a grotoh at the same time. The.guitar plays significantly better . Check out the below for my attempt and the finished product

Lmk what you think
-B
Out

No comments:

Post a Comment